To verify your participation in fast-response demand response events, the grid operator requires 1-minute resolution energy usage data. While your PPL utility meter captures energy data at 15-minute data resolution, the Emporia Energy Vue Utility Connect reads your utility meter every 1 minute. This allows the grid operator to verify your electricity reduction during these short-term events.
The Vue Utility Connect connects to your utility’s AMI Smart Meter wirelessly. The energy use measured by the meter is sent periodically to the Vue Utility Connect.
The Emporia Vue Utility Connect allows you to track your energy use in real time and look at exactly how much energy you are using now and in the past. The Emporia Energy App gives you actionable recommendations for saving energy and lowering your electric bill. See additional benefits and product details here.
The Emporia Vue Utility Connect does not provide energy use details from individual home appliances. However, Emporia Smart Plugs (available for purchase separately) allow you to monitor and control energy use for most home appliances anywhere with the Emporia Energy App. You can schedule lights to turn on at sunrise or set your coffee maker to run first thing in the morning!
Set-up / Can’t Connect
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the shipment of your device.
The Emporia Vue Utility Connect User Guide can be found here in addition to the instructions found in the box with the device.
Typically, if you do not see energy usage in the Emporia Energy app this is either because the Vue doesn’t have an internet connection, the device is not set up properly, or the device is not wirelessly connected to the electric meter.
For issues with Wi-Fi connection:
- Check to make sure the Wi-Fi light is displaying green on your device
- Please make sure your Wi-Fi and Internet are up and running.
- Try using another device on your network and make sure you can go to emporiaenergy.com
- Power cycle your Wi-Fi router/modem
- Check that your router’s firmware is up to date
For issues with device set up:
- Check to make sure your power light on the device is displaying green.
- Ensure that the Vue is plugged in within ~50 ft of the utility meter and that no barriers such as concrete floors, steel reinforced walls, radiant floors are between your device and your electrical meter.
For issues with meter connection:
- Check to make sure your link light (top one) on the device is displaying green.
- This may take up to 2 weeks from successful device setup. Resideo and PPL will do this step directly.
You do not need to connect your Emporia Vue Utility Connect to your electric meter; Resideo and PPL will do it for you. It may take up to 2 weeks from the time you set up your Vue Utility Connect to until it is connected to your electric meter.
No problem. PPL will need to perform additional steps to ensure your device connects to your electrical meter. This may take up to 2 weeks from the time you set up your Vue Utility Connect.
- Check your Spam/Junk folder in your email app.
- Double check that you entered the correct email address when creating your account.
- Be patient. Sometimes it can take a few minutes.
- Contact Emporia support.
- Make sure you enter the 6-digit code as it appears in the email.
- Do not hit the back button at the top of the app or the code will be invalid and you’ll need a new one.
- Do not request multiple codes. It will invalidate the previous code.
- Contact Emporia support.