- Have central air conditioning or a heat pump.
- Be responsible for the electric bill as an account owner.
- Have an eligible smart thermostat model connected to WiFi.
- Offer applies to Ameren customers only.
- By enrolling in this program, you are signifying your agreement to the Energy Hero Rewards program.
- * Must participate in at least 50% of event duration to receive additional $5 reward(s). Reward payments will be issued in January for any Energy Hero Rewards events you participated in the previous year (test events not included).
- **The next available season runs from June 1, 2024 – May 31, 2025. If you sign up now, you will receive your second $20 payment at the end of Summer 2024.
Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Focus, Wi-Fi Vision, Wi-Fi 9000, Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable thermostat, T5, T6, Round Smart, T9, T10
During these times and when demand approaches capacity, we may adjust your usage to help keep energy costs low and the grid stable.
During an event, your thermostat will be remotely adjusted a few degrees in order to protect the power grid. You will receive an alert on your app and on the thermostat’s display. If you’d prefer not to participate in an event, you can skip it at any time.
Your thermostat will only be adjusted when there is unusual strain on the electric grid, and such events are generally infrequent. When they do happen, most events are minutes to only a few hours long, but no more than four hours.
You will see a message displayed on your thermostat display as well as in your thermostat’s app.
Yes – just change your thermostat setting to your liking and your normal schedule will commence.
You get a financial reward for helping to prevent blackouts. When you give a little energy back, you can get rewarded with cash back.
As part of your enrollment, you will be asked to authorize Resideo’s agent to obtain energy usage data on a secure and confidential basis, and only for the purpose of your enrollment and participation. If you have questions about how the program accesses your data, please send an email to email@example.com.
A serious grid emergency can lead to a blackout that leaves your home with no power. It's not just the loss of lights, air conditioning and other things you depend on. A blackout can also have a heavy toll on your community's infrastructure and local businesses. If we all work together, we can help prevent this from happening. The program helps us use the grid infrastructure more efficiently.
By participating in the program, you are helping expand the available energy resources in your community to maintain grid stability and prevent blackouts
You will receive an e-gift card to the email address you enrolled. One e-gift card is paid for each home enrolled.
You may enroll as many qualified WiFi enabled thermostats as are installed in your home. The incentive is paid per-home, but the more thermostats you enroll, the larger contribution you can make to the grid.
Yes, we rely on the ability to communicate with your thermostat to successfully run the program. While we understand that there may be temporary WiFi outages, connectivity is a program requirement.